This is an informational website and blog relating to the ongoing 6-volume Eugene V. Debs Selected Works project, edited by Tim Davenport and David Walters, to be published by Haymarket Books of Chicago. Volumes will appear annually beginning in 2018.
Very rough working titles for the six volumes of the project are as follows:
• Volume 1: Building Solidarity on the Tracks, 1877-1892
[manuscript in house, book due 2018. This is a final title.]
• Volume 2: The Rise and Fall of the American Railway Union, 1892-1896
[manuscript in house, book due early 2019.]
• Volume 3: Twisted Path to a Socialist Party, 1897-1904
[manuscript now being compiled, book due late 2019.]
• Volume 4: Red Union, Red Paper, Red Train, 1905-1910 [due out 2020]
• Volume 5: The Icon at Zenith, 1911-1916 [due out 2021]
• Volume 6: The Perils of Pacifism, 1917-1926 [due out 2022]
Each volume will include an editorial introduction; articles, press statements, and speeches by Socialist labor leader Eugene V. Debs; photographs and cartoons from the contemporary press; copious footnotes, and a professionally-produced index. Both hardcover and paperback versions of each volume will be published.
The editors solicit input from other Debs scholars in the United States and around the world. Please contact Tim Davenport: ShoeHutch@gmail.com